2021 Year End Highlights
Sharing the best highlights from our year
It’s been another exciting year here at CASTO! Throughout the ever-changing retail landscape, we are very proud of everything our team has accomplished in these interesting times. As we reflect on 2021, we would like to share a few of our successes from the last year.
- Let’s Get Down to Business— Our commercial real estate teams have secured nearly 100 new leases this year and our portfolio has continued to grow. Check out all our properties and opportunities
- Exciting Developments—CASTO is thrilled to be a part of innovative shopping centers throughout the nation! The development teams across all our markets were busy with many new projects that broke ground this year.
Hamilton Quarter, a new mixed-use development in Columbus, Ohio, welcomed many tenants this year including Starbucks, Wendy’s, and Crumble Cookies. Phase two of the development is underway, so stay tuned for exciting new updates!
The Southeast team broke ground on The Grove at Towne Center in Snellville, Georgia. The Grove will be a livable, walkable, business-friendly community with retail, residential, office, and mixed-use spaces all centered around a community gathering place. This exciting project is slated to open in 2023.
Midtown Tampa is in development and has secured key tenants like Whole Foods, REI, Shake Shack, Bella Bravo, and Sephora. This 1.8 million square foot mixed-use project is revitalizing downtown Tampa and will continue to grow in 2022.
- Multifamily on the Rise — The Ohio residential team had an exciting year of opening new communities and breaking ground on several new projects. Graceland Flats, a 180-unit luxury apartment complex adjacent to Graceland Shopping Center, and The Dexter, a mixed-use project with 116 units in the heart of Ohio City, both welcomed new residents last year.
The team started construction on several new developments including Killarney Woods, Montgomery Quarter, and Liberty Flats. We are excited to see these communities come to life and welcome new residents this year!
- CASTO Cares—Each year, CASTO partners with many organizations and charities to bring awareness, raise funds, and donate items to help our local communities and those in need.
Our Ohio residential team kicked off the year with their “April is for Animals” campaign and collected pet supplies, food, treats, and toys from our multifamily communities. All donations and proceeds benefitted the Sedona Grace Foundation. They also held their annual Golf Outing at the Golf Club of Dublin, hosting 27 teams. With over 30 sponsors, the event raised over $24,000. It was a fun day filled with charity, mulligans, and great golf!
CASTO participated in the annual Pelotonia event, with 20 riders, virtual riders and volunteers raising over $36,000 for innovative cancer research at OSUCCC-James. After our 7th consecutive year, CASTO’s Peloton has raised over $163,000. We are so proud of our associates and the impact they make in our communities.
- Winning Never Looked So Good— In 2021, CASTO won 15 See a full list of awards here.
- #5 Largest Central Ohio Commercial Real Estate Brokerages list by Columbus Business First
- #9 on the Largest Central Ohio Residential Property Management Companies list by Columbus Business First
- #6 Best Employer in the Large Category by Crain’s Cleveland Business
- #12 Largest Commercial Real Estate Developers in Tampa Bay by Tampa Bay Business Journal
- CASTO’s Vice President of Human Resources and Operations, Lindsey Pavlik was selected as a recipient of the 40 Under 40 list by Columbus Business First
- New Year, New Look—Our commercial property marketing teams launched new websites for seven shopping centers. The websites have a fresh, modern look with easy-to-use features for customers. Check them out below!
2021 provided many exciting developments and opportunities, and we are thankful for the opportunity to reflect on these accomplishments. We’re looking forward to a banner year in 2022!
Thank you for considering CASTO for all of your residential and commercial real estate needs. Please fill out the contact form and a CASTO team member will respond to you as soon as possible.