Location: Columbus, OH | Department: Maintenance | Reports To: Property Manager
POSITION: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for ensuring that the apartment community looks its very best at all times and operates smoothly by performing a variety of tasks including: electrical, light carpentry, HVAC, and plumbing. Maintenance Technicians diagnose problems, determine whether to replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments until the problem is resolved. All work is to be completed in a timely manner, with true quality, and to the Property Manager’s approval.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a variety of residential service repairs in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate in the on-call rotation with the rest of the maintenance team.
- Maintain grounds daily.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of company, property, and maintenance policies.
- Prioritize and complete work orders as needed within 48-hour goal period.
- Complete punch outs to ensure all units are make ready within 5 business days.
- Building exterior check.
- Keep maintenance shop clean and organized.
- Winter-snow removal-sidewalks as needed-Summer- water flowers as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Keep the pool and snow logs up to date.
- Check safety equipment is current and in stock.
- All other related duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Two years of related experience, preferred
- HVAC certification preferred, not required
- The ability to lift 50 pounds.
- The ability to move appliances with an appliance dolly up and down stairs.
- The ability to bend, stoop, and sit for 1-2 hours at a time.
- Ability to operate a smart phone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Successful completion of a background check is required for this position.
Thank you for your consideration of CASTO as your employer. Please fill out the form below and we will contact you as soon as we review your application.