CMX Cinemas Lakeside 18 & IMAX (Former Cobb Theatres) set to reopen on Friday, October 23
The classic movie theatre will open with enhanced security and sanitation guidelines, new movies and special pricing
LAKELAND, FL. – CMX Cinemas is pleased to announce the upcoming reopening of CMX Cinemas Lakeside 18 & IMAX (Former Cobb Theatres) for the Lakeland community to enjoy, starting Friday, October 23. The traditional neighborhood location, located at 1650 Town Center Drive, will offer both new Hollywood blockbuster releases and classic movies for all ages, providing a safe environment to guarantee a fantastic and safe cinematic experience to all our guests.
“Since the day the movie theater closed, back in March 2020, CMX Cinemas has been working on reopening plans and safety protocols for all its theaters. “It is our goal to provide you the best picture quality and immersive audio experience you have come to expect from CMX Cinemas. We take these responsibilities very seriously. Therefore, we have been working diligently on safety protocols that will make CMX Cinemas a model, not just for theaters, but for all businesses on how to open responsibly. We’ve missed all our guests and we are thrilled to have them back” said Guy Austin, Vice-president of Operations at CMX Cinemas.
Safety Measures, Cinema Safe Program
We are continuously evaluating local, state, and federal guidelines to ensure we remain leaders in providing a safe, clean, and fun atmosphere for all. We are confident these daily procedures will provide a safe and enjoyable environment that will allow our community to return to the magic of Cinema. As always, we remain committed to our guests, employees, and the local community.
CMX Cinemas has implemented an automatic social distancing procedure when the guests reserve their seats online or in person at the concierge desk. The system will automatically block off seats north, south, east, and west of the selected seats. That means, guests will be surrounded by empty seats. This procedure makes the movie-watching experience even more special. In terms of sanitation, in between each show a well-trained crew uses foggers to completely disinfect and sanitize the air as well as all surfaces inside the theatre.
CMX Cinemas, as an active member of NATO (National Association of Theater Operators), is part of CinemaSafe, a program promoting protocols and guidelines developed and supported by leading epidemiologists to support a safe return to movie theaters. Therefore, we comply with all the following guidelines:
- Masks Required. All employees must wear a face covering or mask. Patrons must wear a face covering at all times, except as noted by the CDC and herein. Those who are unwilling to wear a face covering will be denied entry.
- Social Distancing. Appropriate physical distancing must be maintained at all times between patrons, except members of the same household or those that attend together.
- Reduced Capacity. Theaters will explore novel options to minimize the number of patrons in an auditorium. Appropriate physical distancing must be maintained at all times between patrons, except members of the same household or those that attend together.
- Air Filtration. All HVAC systems should be in working order with increased ventilation whenever possible.
- Frequent Handwashing. Employees should be trained on hand-hygiene practices and are required to wash hands frequently at easily accessible hand-washing facilities.
- Hand Sanitizer. Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol (EPA approved ethanol or isopropyl) will be liberally placed in easily accessible public areas and patrons will be encouraged by staff and appropriately placed signage to practice hand hygiene.
- Enhanced Cleaning. Auditoriums should be carefully disinfected between movie screenings. High-touch surfaces should be wiped down periodically with EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Employee Health Training. All employees should be trained on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 as well as local theatre policies and procedures.
- Modified Concessions. Minimize cash transactions and encourage credit cards or contactless payments whenever possible. Theaters will eliminate communal food and condiments that require shared serving utensils or equipment.
- Mobile Ticketing. Tickets sales should be available online or via phone whenever feasible to reduce the need to stand in line for tickets. Alternatives to paper tickets should be used whenever possible.
- Theater Entrance Screening. If you are experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, or other symptoms that could be related to COVID-19, please stay home and we welcome you to join us again in the future.
- Enhanced Sanitation. The company has also hired the certified sanitation company Covid Clear to guarantee the deep and micro cleaning of all areas, seats, surfaces on a daily basis. In addition, all our employees have been properly trained to maintain the areas disinfected, keep social distancing while offering optimal customer service to all our guests!
Movies and Special Pricing
CMX Cinemas will play this reopening weekend the romantic drama film “After We Collided”, the family-friendly comedy “The War with Grandpa”, with Robert De Niro, the action thriller “Honest Thief” with Liam Neeson, the heartwarming love story “2 Hearts”, the faith-based film “Tulsa”, “Infidel” and “Unhinged” with Russel Crowe. CMX Cinemas is also introducing our special pricing of Saver and Super Saver days. To purchase tickets, visit our website at www.cmxcinemas.com and find your preferred location. Also, the popular Terrific Tuesdays promotion will be back every Tuesday, with a $5 price all day long, all movies. Hero Day: On Sundays, and as token of appreciation to all frontline workers for their selfless dedication during this pandemic, CMX Cinemas will offer a free ticket to enjoy at any show during that day. Proper ID is required. Offer is valid only at box office, not valid to purchase tickets online.
For more information about CMX Cinemas, visit www. cmxcinemas.com or follow us along on social media @cmxcinemas
About CMX Cinemas
CMX Cinemas, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cinemex, opened its doors in April 2017 at Brickell City Centre, Miami, FL, offering new features to give guests an innovative and VIP movie-going experience. CMX provides state-of-the-art technology that can be enjoyed through different types of experiences: CMX CinéBistro, the luxury dine-in, and in-seat service; CMX Market Cinema, the gourmet grab and go movie experience and CMX Cinemas, the upgraded traditional theater with classic concessions. It also features the trendy and exclusive CMX Stone Sports Bar at selected theaters, making CMX the preferred entertainment destination.
CMX Cinemas has grown exponentially during the past years, opening new theaters across the country as well as acquiring other movie theater chains, the most recent one being the acquisition of all Cobb Theaters and CinéBistro locations.
Due to the impact of Covid-19, CMX Cinemas closed its doors in the middle of March 2020. Since that date, the company has been working on reopening plans and safety protocols for our theaters. It is its main goal to provide guests with the best picture quality and immersive audio experience they have come to expect from CMX Cinemas.
The company has been working diligently on safety protocols that will make CMX Cinemas a model, not just for theaters, but for all businesses on how to open responsibly. We are continuously evaluating local, state, and federal guidelines to ensure we remain leaders in providing a safe, clean, and fun atmosphere for all. CMX Cinemas is confident these daily procedures will provide an enjoyable environment that will allow our community to return to the magic of Cinema. As always, CMX Cinemas remains committed to its guests, employees, and the local community.
CMX Cinemas will continue its expansion plan in the upcoming years with new sites at Coastland Center (Naples, FL) in 2020 and Tyson Galleria (McLean, VA).
CMX is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cinemex, one of the top ten cinema chains in the world, with 402 sites, 3,518 screens, and more than 17,000 employees worldwide.
Thank you for considering CASTO for all of your residential and commercial real estate needs. Please fill out the contact form and a CASTO team member will respond to you as soon as possible.